You are number...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Road Tripped.

Once upon a time, I came upon a hat - a Quicksilver Fedora. My friend Dustin had given it to me, cause he was moving away and didn't want it. I wrote his name in it. I threw some pins on it**. I wore it. My buddy Alan & I threw it back and forth. We penned our names in it.

And then I was moving - so I passed my hat on to my friend Omar who traveled out to Canmore, Alberta wearing it. He said he'd passed it on from there...

Where the hat is, who knows?

I long for the freedom of the hat - to be able to road trip all of its life - see a million things, experience a million more.

Golden Dogs - Across Canada

Dustin Hermiston
Dan Tait
Alan Weir
Omar Sadoon
...?


**The Pins: Canadian Indie Groups Hey Rosetta & The Golden Dogs, and The Wu-Tang Clan

2 comments:

  1. I still have it! I wore it every day of the road trip. All the names are still there (with stains now) and I have yet to find someone who is worthy of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hat went through games of risk with beers stacked and the air smoke filled. It has been across Canada, and it has seen the long and peacefull road. That hat needs to be sent to the moon man. Lets send it to a NASA astronaut!

    ReplyDelete